We are on a mission: to build a world-leading, innovation-led label that offers a unique and compelling combination of high performance and luxury refinement. If you want to be part of our journey, we’d love to hear from you.
Assistant Product Developer
Shackleton is seeking an Assistant Product Developer to join our Product Team. The role answers to the Product Development Manager and is based in our Head Office in Vauxhall, London.
- Review new design concepts and styles with the Product Development Manager and drive the review of styles.
- Meet style FOB targets, ensuring Shackleton quality and fit standards are executed while adopting structured methods and processes to improve workflow.
- Manage sample management and tracking.
- Support translation of designs into full specification packages with accurate technical details, bill of materials, construction details, size specs and grade rules.
- Proactively offer suggestions for improved construction and aesthetics.
- Plan and track the development schedule to ensure timely completion of tech-packs.
- Raise product orders with vendors.
- Support the Product Development Manager in planning and tracking the development schedule.
- Work with the Product Development Manager to ensure all test reports are received from all vendors in a timely manner.
- A degree in Design (Apparel), Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in product development and/or technical services in an apparel company.
- Knowledge of material testing standards.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet strict timelines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have a good understanding and knowledge of garment construction methods and manufacturing sewing operations.
- Proficient computer skills: Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
- Knowledge of 3D prototyping software (not essential).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
To apply, email email@example.com, attaching your CV and cover letter.
Shackleton is seeking a design intern to join our Product Team. The chosen candidate will be involved in each stage of the production process, from concept to sign off. The role answers to Creative Director Sam Frenzel and is based in our Head Office in Vauxhall, London.
- Researching market trends for fit/silhouette, fabric, colour and design direction.
- Creating boards and overviews for design presentations.
- Participating in all internal design meetings to learn about all aspects of the design process.
- Creating and updating tech-packs.
- Adobe skills are a must: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- In-depth knowledge in menswear and workwear
- Knowledge of specific finishing techniques
- Importantly, a passion for design and an eagerness to learn.
- Interest in adventure preferable.
Timings & Salary
- Immediate start preferable.
- Salary discussed on application.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV, cover letter and portfolio (if applicable).