FH-4 Photographer's Down Parka
The world’s first jacket engineered for extreme-weather photographers. Ergonomic construction allows complete freedom of movement when shooting. Bespoke pockets for batteries utilise core body heat to prolong life. Ten internal pockets designed in collaboration with renowned polar photographer Martin Hartley. High-frequency seam sealing to be 100% waterproof. Developed with European goose down and a graphene lining to function to -25°C. The FH-4 is inspired by pioneer Frank Hurley, Ernest Shackleton’s official photographer during the Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition.
*The FH-4 is currently available as pre-order - you can expect to receive this item in 6-8 weeks. Please contact a member of the Customer Service team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 2080 655 494 to discuss delivery dates.
- Ergonomic design to allow complete freedom of movement
- Collapsible external drop pocket, big enough for a large format camera body or lens
- Internal, easy-access mesh pocket for batteries, designed to be against body core for thermal support, prolonging battery life
- 100% waterproof Cordura shell
- 10 inner pockets
- iPad sleeve
- Internal SD card pockets
- Upper arm zipped pocket for lens cleaner
- Graphene lining provides ground-breaking heat regulation
- 800 fill-power European goose down (95/5 ratio)
- Abrasion resistant
- Adjustable hood
- Removable synthetic fur hood trim
- Internal storm cuffs
- Lateral underarm zips to regulate body temperature
- Internal venting on the neck
- Drop back design to prevent heat loss around the hem
- Chest and sleeve logo
- Made in Italy
Measurements in centimetres
Sleeve length (from side neck) (2)
Body length (from shoulder to hem) (3)
Across Shoulders (4)
Graphene is a revolutionary material, first isolated in 2004 by Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov, who took a block of graphite and dissected it layer by layer until only one remained. It is the lightest, strongest, most conductive material ever discovered.
Graphene can regulate body heat better than any other material on earth. Due to its thermal conductive properties, body warmth is preserved and distributed when in cold climates and then dissipated accordingly during spells of physical exertion.
Graphene equates to clothing that is lighter, warmer and tougher. And it doesn’t stop there. It also reduces humidity, is anti-microbial, anti-UV and anti-radiation.
Synthetic Fur Ruffs
In line with our ethos towards sustainability, Shackleton is a fur-free brand. The parkas and jackets in our outerwear range feature STX (Synthetic Thermal Exchange) ruffs, the result of many years of Italian research and development.
The down used in our insulted jackets has been sourced and managed in accordance with the Responsible Down Standard (RDS). RDS certification is granted to a company that has had its supply chain audited by a professional, third-party body. It recognises and rewards the best practices in animal welfare. Importantly, none of the down in Shackleton products is ever plucked from live birds.